- renderStacks support custom tokens in a few places include output path and network render job name.
- It also support any MXS command as custom token. Any string between <> will be executed as maxscript.
- Right click will bring up token list dialog. Select a token from the list to add.
- Many token names are same as Arnold AOV token names to keep consistency.
- <PassFullName> – This is the pass name you can see in pass name title. If the pass is not in passgroup, <PassFullNam> and <PassName> is same. If the pass is in a passgroup, this is pass group name plus pass name.
For example. If you have “Bty” pass under “Car” passgroup. Your <PassFullName> is CarBty
- <PassGroupName> – passgroup name
- <PassName> -pass name only.
- <CameraName> – active camera or view name
- <SceneName> – scene file name without extension
- <SceneName_no_ver> – scene name without version number(last digits of scene filename) and one character in front of version.
if scene filename is “rstck_001_000_001-lookdev_rstest_v016.max”,
- <SceneName_ver> – last digits of scene file name. For above example, “016”
- <YYYY> – 4 digit year
- <MM> – 2 digit month
- <DD> – 2 digit day
- <User> – windows user name
- <ProjectPath> – 3dsMax project path
- <PrjRenderOutput> – output path of 3dsMax project path
- <SceneFolder> – max file folder
- <ScnPath_x> – scene path folder from back
when max file path is “E:\Project\rstck\001\work\000_001\lookdev\max\rstest”
ScnPath_1 : rstest
ScnPath_2 : max
ScnPath_3 : lookdev
ScnPath_4 : 000_001
ScnPath_5 : work
- <MaxFile_x> – New in 1.1. Max file name filtered by non-alphanumeric character include underscore.
When max file name is “rstck_001_unittest-assmbl_VRay_v012”
Main Render Output Token
There are 3 additional tokens what you can use for render elements or network render job name. Usually “main render output” means the path for 3dsMax builtin Save File.
- <RenderFolder> – main render output folder
- <RenderFileName> – main render output filename
- <RenderFileType> – main render output format
But, if you are using VRay raw output, this is the order to be main render output.
- VRay raw output
- VRay Seperate Chennel output
- 3dsMax builtin Save File
Token for render element path when you use 3dsMax builtin Save File and get render elements as a desperate file.
- <ReName> – name of render element
Sometimes you need a custom version or something you have to manually manage and use in output path. UserNum and UserStr token is for that. It is in User Tokens rollout so you can easily access. The value will be saved in your max file. Therefore, the value will be preserved when you open the max file next time.
The Padding number will decide how many digits the UserNum has. For exmaple, if your A is 7 and Padding is 3, the <UserNumA> will become 007.
Here are some examples
- If you have an own function to build path with pass name as an argument. You can do this.
<getMyRenderOutput rstck.passname >
- Adding random number based on current time
- Adding random number between 0-9
<random 0 9>