[RO] RenderOutput – 1 per pass
RenderOutput pmodifier allow you to set render output.
Usually you just need to make a base RenderOUtput pmodifier with tokens. But, if you want you can also manually set a custom pass for a pass.
If you really want, you can manually set path per pass with […] browse button. But, it is not recommended.
You can use any file format that max supports. If you use VRay, you can choose to use VRay framebuffer.
renderStacks support custom tokens for output path. It also support any MXS command as custom token. Any string between <> will be executed as maxscript.
Right click will bring up token list dialog. Select a token from the list to add.
Many tokens are same as Arnold AOV tokens.
- <PassFullName> – This is the pass name you can see in pass name title. If the pass is not in passgroup, <PassFullNam> and <PassName> is same. If the pass is in a passgroup, this is pass group name plus pass name.
For example. If you have “Bty” pass under “Car” passgroup. Your <PassFullName> is CarBty
- <PassGroupName> – passgroup name
- <PassName> -pass name only.
- <CameraName> – active camera or view name
- <SceneName> – scene file name without extension
- <SceneName_no_ver> – scene name without version number(last digits of scene filename) and one character in front of version.
if scene filename is “rstck_001_000_001-lookdev_rstest_v016.max”,
- <SceneName_ver> – last digits of scene file name. For above example, “016”
- <YYYY> – 4 digit year
- <MM> – 2 digit month
- <DD> – 2 digit day
- <User> – windows user name
- <ProjectPath> – 3dsMax project path
- <PrjRenderOutput> – output path of 3dsMax project path
- <SceneFolder> – scene path folder from back
when max file path is “E:\Project\rstck\001\work\000_001\lookdev\max\rstest”
ScnPath_1 : rstest
ScnPath_2 : max
ScnPath_3 : lookdev
ScnPath_4 : 000_001
ScnPath_5 : work
User Token – New 1.06
Sometimes you need a custom version or something you have to manually manage and use in output path. UserNum and UserStr token is for that. It is in User Tokens rollout so you can easily access. The value will be saved in your max file. Therefore, the value will be preserved when you open the max file next time.
The Padding number will decide how many digits the UserNum has. For exmaple, if your A is 7 and Padding is 3, the <UserNumA> will become 007.
If you have a custom maxscript global function to assemble render output pass, you can use the function, You csn use rstck.passname as the argument for the current pass name.
For example, <getMyRenderOutput rstck.passname >